Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Duotone, refinished



Hello everyone! The tour has been going well. Great audiences, great shows. It is exhausting from time to time, but I can't complain. I play this Hamer Duotone for a number of songs every night. I got it from Hamer maybe 8 years ago, and now this year they refinished it for me in Transparent Arctic White to match our stage set and the look of the show. Anyway, the key thing about the Duotone is that it is both an electric guitar and acoustic guitar at the same time. As you can see from the pictures, there are two plugs, one for the electric pickups, which goes to my amp, and one for the acoustic pickup, which goes to a DI and then into the house PA system. The two tones sound quite lush when mixed together, and sound great on "Don't Speak", "Simple Kind of Life", "Running" and "It's My Life". If you're coming to a show, listen for it. Click on any photo to supersize.